A level-3 Maydays Longform Improvised Comedy Course
A 6-week course exploring six longform formats, developing our own variations, and culminating in a showcase in Week 7.
*Entrance to this course is by application only* – Please apply with details of your improv
experience, including any forms you have performed or studied. Apply via email to Jen at email@example.com
What can I expect?
- To learn and explore existing longform structures
- Exercises which serve to deepen the ensemble (team) dynamic
- A level of autonomy; you will be expected to come up with your own format variations
Formats will include a selection from:
Harold, Armando, La Ronde, Cat’s Cradle, Living Room, Pretty Flower, News Stories, Freeform, Game of the Show, Narrative (story), Chairs/Weir-Dasse.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Those with previous longform improvisation experience (Maydays level 2 or equivalent)
- Those who understand and use longform techniques, and are comfortable using edits, tag-outs, game of the scene, premise, scene painting, character and object work.
- Those wanting to explore and develop new longform formats
- Those keen to work with an open heart as part of a strong ensemble
The course will culminate in a showcase for family and friends on the 22nd July, 8pm at The Maydays Studio, Brighton. BOOK YOUR SHOWCASE TICKETS HERE
When: 6 weeks on Monday nights from 11th June – 16th July, 7 pm – 9.30 pm
Book before 13th May for a 15% Early Bird Discount!
“Creative, funny, loving and supportive. All you ever need in life. The Maydays are all these and more. Jump into Improv with these guys. You’ll never regret a moment!”