“It was truly amazing to be in this beautiful place, learning and laughing with so many lovely people. I really feel that the intensive focus from the Maydays teachers has transformed my improv game.” Spring 2014 Improv Intensive participant.
How would you like to spend four days in a grand old house in the Dorset countryside this spring, intensively studying improv with some of the best teachers in the UK and some of the loveliest fellow students you could ever hope to meet?
If this sounds good to you, then we invite you to be part of the Maydays Improv Intensive from 21st-25th March 2018.
You’ve studied some improv – you have a good grasp of the basics but now you’re looking for a way to take your game to the next level. You want to push the limits, dig deeper, sharpen your instincts and really connect with your inner improv genius.
About the course:
The Maydays Improv Intensive was designed specifically to help you grow towards that goal. Over the course of the four days in Dorset, Maydays teachers will lead you along a creative path that will enable you to hone your existing skills while unlocking new ones you didn’t even know you had.
Along the way you’ll be able to hand-pick classes that suit your personal needs, as well as working with a small group of fellow students – your ‘class’ – as you follow a carefully crafted curriculum, designed by master improvisers to make you one of them!
- You’ll study musical improv and long form structures. You’ll delve into scene work and onstage authenticity. You’ll set aside your familiar improv toolkit and spend some time getting cosy with the scary and unfamiliar.
- You’ll benefit from small classes and tons of individual attention as your teachers help you fine-tune your improv skills.
- You’ll get a chance to perform in a showcase at the end of the week, putting all those new muscles to work.
- You’ll meet amazing new people – people who are just as creative and curious as you are.
- You’ll laugh a lot (the Maydays firmly believe that if you’re laughing, you’re learning).
- You’ll surprise yourself with your own genius. And how often does that happen?
The Improv Intensive offers you the chance to play, grow and take risks, all in a summer-camp atmosphere of support and camaraderie. And everything’s included – classes, accommodation and some of the most delicious food you’ve ever tasted.
So come away with us this spring. It’s sure to be an unforgettable – maybe even life-changing – experience.
‘Imagine a school where you woke up every morning and had breakfast with fascinating people, most of whom are incredibly funny creative geniuses. Imagine a school where you looked at the day’s timetable and were disappointed that you could not attend EVERY lesson as they were all just too brilliant. Imagine a school where you hoped that a chance fault in the space-time continuum would mean that the lessons would never end. Imagine a school that you didn’t want to leave at the end of the day! Thanks Maydays – I’ve now mentally replaced the memory of my own dull, grey schooling with the rainbow-technicolour memories of last week.’ 2015 – Steve Chapman
£555.00 all inclusive of classes, shows, breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation
Or pay just £505.00 with a £50 EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – ENDS 20th FEBRUARY