Level 4 of The Maydays Longform Music Improvisation Course
Maydays Heather Urquhart and Joe Samuel lead this advanced-level 4 of The Maydays Longform Musical Improvisation Courses.
You’ll have 8-weeks to stretch your longform musical improv wings. Creating a musical from nowhere. It looks like a miracle feels like flying and is much easier to do than you expect.
Building on the level 3 course* you will explore more song structures and ways of using music and singing in your improv scenes. The emphasis is slightly more towards scenic and longform elements of musical improv.
What can I expect?
– Musical games and exercises
– Different vocal styles and ranges
– Scenes going into songs
– Putting together longer runs of scenes and songs or a musical piece
– In this course, we will be learning the basics of stagecraft, musical theatre and presentation.
-Singing is scary for so many people so we will also be finding out how to support vocally and physically.
– Performance Showcase to show off your musical longform superpowers
Who is this course suitable for?
– Adults aged 18 100
– People who survived and enjoyed beginners/level 2 musical and longform improv (or those who have done our intro to longform music)
– Anyone looking to expand their range of longform musical improvisation skills.
– People who have done our longform and music courses and would like to start moving towards scenic and longform elements of musical improv
The people, the songs, the silliness, the seriousness, the camaraderie. Like having access to a toy box full of adventures every week. Even if I really wasn’t in the mood after a full day at work, within about 20 minutes I was doing something nonsensical and loving every minute of it.
10% Early Bird Discount Ends 2nd January at Midnight
£175.50 before 2nd January, £195.00 thereafter (+booking fee)
8-weeks on Tuesday evenings, 7 pm-9.30 pm from 14th January to 3rd March 2020 at The Maydays Studio Brighton. Performance Showcase for family and friends on Tuesday 10th March, doors 7.30 pm at the Maydays Studio Brighton.
GIFT VOUCHERS NOW AVAILABLE VIA OUR SHOP