In this level 3 of the Maydays courses, you’ll have 8-weeks to explore and develop your Narrative Improv Skills. Creating fun, satisfying stories from nothing more than a word from the audience – but without getting caught up by the ‘plot monster’.
Building on the level 2 longform courses you will use improv scenes to explore different narrative structures and ways of creating story and characters with a strong point of view.
What can I expect?
– Narrative structures and exercises used by writers and screenwriters
– Protagonists, antagonists and what to do with them
– Scenes that serve your story
– Being obvious
– Putting it all together to create satisfying and exciting narratives for you and your audience
In this course, we will be developing your stagecraft, looking at story structure in detail, breaking down stories already in existence and finding great theatrical moments!
Who is this course suitable for?
– Adults aged 18 – 100
– People who enjoyed Level 2 or 3 longform improv classes (performance level and/or advanced level 3 courses)
– Improvisers already regularly performing longform scenes and shows
8-weeks on Monday evenings at BHASVIC, 7pm-9.30pm from 30th September to 18th November with a performance showcase for family and friends on Sunday 24th November, doors 7.30pm.
“Just go for it, jump into the void and embrace the unknown! You’ll constantly surprise yourself and it’s a wonderful way to meet like-minded folk too.”