The Maydays Beginners Longform Improvisation Course
An 8 week introduction to longform improvisation. The Maydays teach you techniques to create whole improvised from a simple one-word suggestion, a monologue, or a newspaper article.
What can I expect?
- Group warm up activities and ensemble building exercises
- An introduction to the principles of longform improv (e.g scene work, edits, monologues)
- Practice of exercises in pairs and in groups
- An opportunity to create longer improvised pieces (e.g Montages, Armando)
Who is this course suitable for?
- Adults aged 18 – 100
- All levels and abilities
- Those interested in a more fluid and theatrical style of improvisation (less comedy and game based)
- Actors and writers who wish to have a better understanding of how they can use improvisation in their craft.
Book before 24th December for a 15% Early Bird Discount
‘I didn’t expect to find a space of such unbounded support, joy, creativity, humour and, along with all of it, a veritable cornucopia of transferable skills to cover all aspects of life, personal and professional’
‘You could not make a life choice with a more watertight guarantee of a positive outcome. Do it!