Level 1 of The Maydays Long Form Improvisation Comedy Course
An 8-week introduction into longform improvisation. The Maydays teach you techniques to create whole improvised from a simple one-word suggestion, a monologue, or a newspaper article.
What can I expect?
- Group warm-up activities and ensemble building exercises
- An introduction to the principles of longform improv (e.g scene work, edits, monologues)
- The practice of exercises in pairs and in groups
- An opportunity to create longer improvised pieces (e.g Montages, Armando)
Who is this course suitable for?
- Adults aged 18 – 100
- All levels and abilities
- Those interested in a more fluid and theatrical style of improvisation (less comedy and game-based)
- Actors and writers who wish to have a better understanding of how they can use improvisation in their craft.
8-weeks on Tuesday evenings, 7 pm-9.30 pm from 7th April to 26th May
I didn’t expect to find a space of such unbounded support, joy, creativity, humour and, along with all of it, a veritable cornucopia of transferable skills to cover all aspects of life, personal and professional
£157.50+booking fee with a 10% Early Bird Discount, Ends 7th March at Midnight.
£175.00+booking fee thereafter
If you’re a current Maydays student, then you can get 15% off the full price of our next term of courses if you book before your course ends, just ask your Mayday teacher for the discount code 🙂
GIFT VOUCHERS NOW AVAILABLE VIA OUR SHOP