About this event
- Date & time: 4 weeks. Sundays from 8th August, 4 pm-6 pm UK TIME
- Online course
- Level: Experienced (12 Months+ Experience)
- Taught by: Jonah Fazel & Rhiannon Jenkins
- Minimum participants 6, maximum participants 12.
What to expect:
- Discover Autography, foley, and radio staging.
- Play with narration styles suited to audio-only formats, audience interaction, structure and narrative steering techniques.
- Explore genre-specific ways of pushing the story forward and editing that doesn’t rely on visuals.
- Relish in world-building, scene painting, and audio description.
- Establish ways to succinctly communicate your ‘in world’ choices using characteristics and disentangle troublesome stereotypes from useful character types.
————– More Information after the break ————–
About the teacher/s:
Jonah Fazel is a veteran Character Actor, Theatre-maker, Television presenter and one of the UK’s most prominent improvisers, with over 15 years of performing and coaching experience. He trained at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, and in multiple improvisational styles. He is the lecturer of improvisation at The University of Creative Arts, The Bridge Theatre Training Company and teaches at many UK drama schools and improv companies.
As a facilitator, he specialises in character, narrative, and acting skills. He can be seen on stage in the UK in Bumper Blyton, on-screen in BAFTA-winning History Bombs and on Youtube in Improtoons- an animated improv cartoon series.
Rhiannon Jenkins is an improviser, actor, teacher, facilitator, and director working across London and Europe. She performs regularly with They Don’t Know the Half of It, The Ol’ Bill, and Eggplant improv and has performed in and directed several shows at The Hideout Theatre. She directs Hot Singles in Your Area and directed The Love Circle at The Hideout Theatre, which was nominated for the Ethel Hinkley Award for Outstanding New Troupe. Rhiannon was an original cast member of Acaprov: the improvised A Capella Musical, and previously played with Improbotics, Happy in Their Own Way, and other Nursery Originals productions.
Rhiannon trained in Musical Theatre at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, and in improv with Hoopla, The Free Association, and the Nursery. You can find out more about Rhiannon at rhiannonjenkins.net.
Bursary’s & payment options
We offer scholarships for all online courses in order to make sure that the fun and community of improvisation is available to as many people as possible across the globe. Scholarships are available for all online courses. You are encouraged to apply if you would not normally be able to:
- Afford these courses
- Or be unlikely to attend a course for any other reason
- No set criteria
- Apply for any course that is live on the Maydays or Nursery website.
- If we have to cancel the event due to low numbers, we will do this with 24hours notice (and you will receive a warning 48 hours before the course if this looks likely).
- Whatever the level of ability required, all of our classes are safe, supportive environments led by our experienced teachers. Please email us if you are unsure whether a class is suitable for you. If you sign up for a class inappropriate to your level the Nursery/Maydays reserved the right to remove you from the class without a refund.
- Closed captioning is available in all of our classes and courses. If you need any information on how to access this in zoom, please contact [email protected]