The Maydays Introduction to Improvised Comedy
The Maydays 4-week intro to improvised comedy
Unleash your creative potential and increase your confidence with improvised comedy! Great for all levels and abilities, improv uses no scripts or prepared material. Comedy is created in the moment: a playful and liberating experience, which is both very funny and helpful for overcoming creative blocks.
What can I expect?
- Fun group warm-up games
- An introduction to the principles of improv (listening and saying yes)
- Practice of exercises in pairs and in groups
- An opportunity to play ‘Whose line is it anyway’ shortform improv games in front of the group
Who is this course suitable for?
- Adults aged 18 – 100.
- All levels and abilities. Beginners are very welcome.
- Stand-up comedians, anyone wanting to get into comedy for the first time.
- Any human wishing to try improv for the first time or needing a refresher.
4-weeks, 7.30pm-9.30pm on the 9th, 23rd, 30th April and 7th May. This course will have a weeks break during the school half-term holiday on 16th April.
‘It’s the bravest, most fun and impactful course I’ve ever done!’