Level 3 of The Maydays Longform Music Improvisation Courses
In this level 3 of the Maydays longform musical improvisation courses, you’ll have 8-weeks to stretch your longform musical improv wings. Creating a musical from nowhere. It looks like a miracle feels like flying and is much easier to do than you expect.
Building on the level 2 courses* you will explore more song structures and ways of using music and singing in your improv scenes. The emphasis is slightly more towards scenic and longform elements of musical improv.
What can I expect?
- Musical games and exercises
- Different vocal styles and ranges
- Scenes going into songs
- Putting together longer runs of scenes and songs or a musical piece
In this course, we will be learning the basics of stagecraft, musical theatre and presentation. Singing is scary for so many people so we will also be finding out how to support vocally and physically.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Adults aged 18 – 100
- People who survived and enjoyed beginners/level 2 musical and longform improv (or those who have done our intro to longform music)
- Anyone looking to expand their range of longform musical improvisation skills.
- People who have done our longform and music courses and would like to start moving towards scenic and longform elements of musical improv
8-weeks on Tuesday evenings, 7pm-9.30pm from 1st October to 19th November
*Please note if you have not completed an 8-week musical or longform course with us, but would like to join this course, then you can jump onto our Intro to Longform Music 4-week course starting 2nd July to get access to this level 3 🙂
“The people, the songs, the silliness, the seriousness, the camaraderie. Like having access to a toy box full of adventures every week. Even if I really wasn’t in the mood after a full day at work, within about 20 minutes I was doing some nonsensical and loving every minute of it.”
£195.00 – 10% Early Bird Discount Ends 30th August at Midnight
GIFT VOUCHERS NOW AVAILABLE VIA OUR SHOP