Different each week, but centred on combining delight with excellence, this Scenework Drop-In is a work out for your scenework.
About this Event
– Class links are sent once sales close, which is 2 hours before each class.
– The minimum participants to run a class is 4, and with the current situation we cannot always guarantee we will have enough to run a class. If your drop-in is cancelled, you will be notified about an hour before the class.
– If you have any difficulty with your class link and cannot get in to a session, please contact us through The Nursery Facebook messenger, as this is instant and teachers will be checking before class (emails may not reach us in time).
A smaller drop in for experienced improvisers, our scenework drop-in focuses on the essentials of great scenework to help you make scenes that are easy to play and scintillating to watch. It will get you accustomed to playing scenes online and keep you fit for life after lockdown. Centering on side-coaching and personal feedback, this class draws on a variety of styles and techniques to enrich and deepen your understanding of how scenes work. This class is a deep dive class for those looking to improve their scenework fast and have fun while they are doing it.
Skills taught include:
- Acting skills and stagecraft
- Emotional release
- Character and point of view
- Connection to your partner
- Vocal and physical transformation
- Game of the scene
- The psychology of performance and flow
- Points of change
With a maximum of 8 attendees, classes are normally run by Jules Munns. Jules performs with the Maydays and Impromptu Shakespeare, as well as being one-half of Ten Thousand Million Love Stories. He has performed and taught across the world, from Finland to Pakistan, Malawi to Canada. He creates improv blogs and podcasts and performs online for the Nursery.
This experienced class runs every Saturday 1-3.30PM BST / GMT+1
Experienced (18 months+) A class for skillful players, especially those who have finished improv training programmes at their school and are looking to widen their horizons. These classes will make the assumption that you are comfortable performing longform improvisation and will push you.