“It was truly amazing to be in this beautiful place, learning and laughing with so many lovely people. I really feel that the intensive focus from the Maydays teachers has transformed my improv game.”
How would you like to spend four days in a grand old house in the Dorset countryside this spring, intensively studying improv with some of the best teachers in the UK and some of the loveliest fellow students you could ever hope to meet?
If this sounds good to you, then we invite you to be part of The Maydays Improv Intensive for Experienced Improvisers from 20th-24th March 2019.
About you* :
- You REGULARLY IMPROVISE either with a group or in classes. This means you have improvised for over 80 hours in the past three years (100 hours is approximately a class/rehearsal per week for five terms or similar – email [email protected] if you’re unsure because everyone progresses at different speeds).
- You’re looking to take your game to the next level. You want to push the limits, dig deeper, sharpen your instincts and really connect with your inner improv genius.
*(If this is not you (even if you have attended a March Maydays intensive before) please head to our September retreat where we run classes for all levels and can help you develop your improv skills!)
About the Intensive:
The Maydays Improv Intensive is designed specifically to help experienced improvisers grow. Over the course of four days in Dorset, Maydays teachers will lead you along a creative path that will enable you to hone your existing skills while unlocking new ones you didn’t even know you had.
In 2019 you have THREE options:
- BOOK THE IMPROV INTENSIVE FOR EXPERIENCED IMPROVISERS
- BOOK THE IMPROV INTENSIVE FOR EXPERIENCED IMPROVISERS – MUSICAL STREAM – For those who want to really dig into their musical improv. You will be working on a musical form with your group and already have some musical improv experience.
- BOOK THE IMPROV INTENSIVE FOR EXPERIENCED IMPROVISERS – ADVANCEDSTREAM – For ADVANCED IMPROVISERS ONLY – very experienced improvisers who want to be pushed hard!
BOOKING TO THE MAYDAYS IMPROV INTENSIVE IS APPLICATION ONLY – CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON AND COMPLETE THE FORM AND WE’LL BE IN TOUCH
In all cases, you’ll spend the mornings working with a group of fellow students – your ‘class’ – as you follow a carefully crafted curriculum, designed by master improvisers to make you one of them! Then in the afternoon you’ll be able to hand-pick classes that suit your personal needs.
- You’ll delve into scene work and onstage authenticity. You’ll set aside your familiar improv toolkit and spend some time getting cosy with the scary and unfamiliar.
- You’ll benefit from tons of individual attention as your teachers help you fine-tune your improv skills.
- You’ll get a chance to perform in a showcase at the end of the week, putting all those new muscles to work.
- You’ll meet amazing new people – people who are just as creative and curious as you are.
- You’ll laugh a lot (the Maydays firmly believe that if you’re laughing, you’re learning).
- You’ll surprise yourself with your own genius. And how often does that happen?
The Improv Intensive offers you the chance to play, grow and take risks, all in a summer-camp atmosphere of support and camaraderie. And everything’s included – classes, accommodation and some of the most delicious food you’ve ever tasted.
So, come away with us this spring. It’s sure to be an unforgettable – maybe even life-changing – experience.
“Imagine a school where you woke up every morning and had breakfast with fascinating people, most of whom are incredibly funny creative geniuses. Imagine a school where you looked at the day’s timetable and were disappointed that you could not attend EVERY lesson as they were all just too brilliant. Imagine a school where you hoped that a chance fault in the space-time continuum would mean that the lessons would never end. Imagine a school that you didn’t want to leave at the end of the day! Thanks, Maydays – I’ve now mentally replaced the memory of my own dull, grey schooling with the rainbow-technicolour memories of last week.”
£555.00 all-inclusive of classes, shows, breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation
Or pay just £505.00 with a £50 EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – ENDS 20th FEBRUARY
To Book for either of the 3 options please fill in the application questionnaire via the Apply Now button – all applications will be reviewed, those who are eligible to join will be sent a booking link.