Online Improv Super-Elective: Genre Mash-Up with Rebecca MacMillan
About this event
“What would Sherlock Holmes do in a Black Mirror episode?”
“What would it look like to have Ancient Greek drama set in the Wild West?”
This four week Super Elective is focused on how to take two (or more) improvised genres and combine them to form a unique and wonderful mash-up.
What to expect:
- Identifying the fundamental elements that make up a genre/body of work.
- Learning how to pinpoint which elements are quintessential to carry into the mash up to make it successful, and what can be left out.
- Discovering the best ways to marry different kinds of genres or works.
- Lots of time playing with combinations!
- This is for you if you are at least an intermediate student and have taken Principles of Genre, our 12 week Genre course, or Three Genres.
Min. participants 6, max. participants 12. If we have to cancel the event due to low numbers, we will do this with 24 hours notice.
Rebecca MacMillan is a founding member of The Maydays, and also plays with Impromptu Shakespeare, The Adventures of the Improvised Sherlock Holmes and Steamed! The Improv Dickens Novel. She has been performing and teaching improvisation theatre in the UK and beyond for over 15 years.
This intermediate super-elective runs four Wednesdays 7th July – 28th July, 7.30 – 9.30 pm BST.
Intermediate (3/6 months+) These classes will be opportunities to add tools to your growing toolbox. Normally these classes will expect players to be confident playing scenes. These classes will provide practice and specific new skills.
NB: Our electives frequently sell out, but do not despair if this class has. You have not missed your shot. If enough people join the waiting list, we are often able to put the same class on a few days after or in parallel. So if you were excited, join up and we will be in touch.
Closed captioning is available in all of our classes and courses. If you need any information on how to access this in zoom, please contact [email protected]