This Open drop-in runs alternate Sunday mornings 10.30 am-12.30 pm and evenings 6 pm-8 pm UK TIME
Open – A class for anyone, regardless of their improv experience. Although more experienced players are of course welcome, the content does not require any prior improv knowledge.
Two hours of improvising musicals with some of the most experienced teachers on the improv scene. You will have an opportunity to connect with people around the world and share community and laughter through Musical improvisation games and scenes.
During these online drop-ins, you’ll be introduced to the core skills of melody and lyrics, rhyming and choruses, leading to the ability to create songs on any topic right there. In a supportive and nurturing environment, you’ll see how to fit songs into scenes and perform with flair and commitment.
Please note this class will involve some solo singing.
This is a wide ability class, but if you’ve never done musical improved feel free to contact us at [email protected]
These classes are energetic and playful, and each one is different, offering an opportunity to play and grow in challenging times.
Who is it for?
Our online drop-ins are open to anyone from experienced players to absolute beginners. The atmosphere is accessible and non-judgemental while still providing the right level of challenge for those who want to push themselves.
How much are they?
Musical drop-in two-hour classes & Scenework drop-ins are £20+bf. Standard drop-ins two-hour classes are just £12+bf.
- Free tickets available to those who are unable to afford them
- Option to Buy a place, Give a place – for yourself and a place for someone less able to afford it.
Min 6 participants, max 12.
– Class links are sent once sales close, which is an hour before each class.
– The minimum participants to run a class is 6, and with the current situation, we cannot always guarantee we will have enough to run a class. If your drop-in is cancelled, you will be notified about an hour before the class.
– If you have any difficulty with your class link and cannot get into a session, please contact us through The Nursery Facebook messenger, as this is instant and teachers will be checking before class (emails may not reach us in time).
NB. PLEASE CHECK THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE CORRECT DATE FROM THE DROP DOWN BOX WHEN FOLLOWING THE BOOKING LINK AS THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
PLEASE CHANGE YOUR ZOOM SETTINGS FOR MUSICAL IMPROV: We recommend that you change your zoom settings to optimise your class experience. It’s very easy and there is a one minute video here that shows you how here.