Level 2 of The Maydays musical improvised comedy courses.
In this level 2 of The Maydays musical improvisation courses, you’ll have 8-weeks to stretch your musical improv wings. Building on the beginners’ course you will explore more song structures and ways of using music and singing in your improv scenes. The emphasis is slightly more towards the performance aspect culminating in a performance showcase for family and friends, on the 12th March 2019.
What can I expect?
- Musical games and exercises
- Different vocal styles and ranges
- Scenes going into songs
- More elaborate structures for performance
In this course, we will be learning more about stagecraft, musical theatre and presentation. Singing is scary for so many people so we will also be finding out how to support vocally and physically.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Adults aged 18 – 100
- People who survived and enjoyed beginners musical improv
- Anyone looking to expand their range of performance musical improvisation skills.
- Singers or songwriters looking for inspiration.
Performance showcase for family & friends at the Maydays Studio on the 12th March 2019
“I enjoyed everything that we did and felt the course was very well structured and the progression through the 10 weeks was beautifully tailored to our needs. The teachers brought joy and laughter each week and encouraged us to try out ideas in an informative, supportive and constructive atmosphere.”