The Maydays/Nursery Online Longform Courses
As an antidote to and relief from the ongoing lockdown and Covid-19, The Maydays and The Nursery are delighted to announce new six week courses focussing specifically on online improv, how it uses the skills of offline improv, but is also markedly different.
Building on a decade and a half of improv experience, The Maydays and The Nursery have been experimenting with online improv daily since the lockdown began and are now looking to share this knowledge. We are excited by the possibilities that the online space opens up and want to make work that is natively online, rather than a pale copy of the offline art form.
These classes will be opportunities to both expand your improv skills and connect with people from across the world, to share a laugh in challenging circumstances and build a valuable new improv skill.
Playing Longform Improv Online
Designed for experienced players (with a minimum of eighteen months experience), these classes will examine how online longform is becoming its own art form. Players will learn to work with the technology and use the international nature of online improv to create something based in offline improv, but joyfully innovative.
These courses will be based on our ongoing R&D into online improv and will examine:
– Playing in different locations and styles, all with a fixed camera
– Using theme, thesis and callbacks to create natural, unpressurised structure
– Creating group games and scenes using, rather than ignoring the lag
– Clearly and concisely editing, linking and returning to scenes
Due to our first 3 scheduled online longform course selling out SUPER fast, we’ve added another 2 6-wk courses for you to join us
- Wednesday nights from 22nd April for 6 weeks, 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm each week in an online zoom room – SOLD OUT
- Tuesday nights from 28th April for 6 weeks, 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm each week in an online zoom room – SOLD OUT
- Saturday afternoons from 2nd May for 6 weeks, 1 pm – 3 pm each week in an online zoom room – SOLD OUT
- Sunday afternoons from 10th May for 6 weeks, 1 pm – 3 pm each week in an online zoom room
- Thursday nights from 14th May for 6 weeks, 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm each week in an online zoom room
As these classes are experimental, we are offering them at a price of just £120 or £100 for concessions inc NHS.
There is also an option to pay £200 as a donation to the Nursery and the Maydays. All profits are split between the two companies.
About these classes:
Classes will be conducted on Zoom. See below for our FAQ about improvising online.
Classes are capped at 12 participants and will run strictly to time.
All times are UK local
All sales are final