Improv Skills for the Workplace
About this Event
The Maydays / The Nursery online business improv drop-in is an OPEN group programme, allowing you to book a place as an individual, without needing to form a group in your own company.
Open – A class for anyone, regardless of their improv experience. Although more experienced players are of course welcome, the content does not require any prior improv knowledge.
Whilst there are lots of benefits from our custom improv for business programmes, sometimes, you might just want to stretch your improv muscles amongst strangers. You can skill-up, tinker with your comfort zone and have some space to laugh and let go without worrying about who’s looking.
It doesn’t much matter whether you’re the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, the MD of an SME, or a mild-mannered janitor. Once you get in the room, everyone is equal, and everyone is supportive. It also doesn’t matter whether you consider yourself to be an introvert or an extrovert.
Improv for business: programme contents
The business improv course is universally accessible. You do not need any previous experience of improvisation, you don’t need acting skills, you don’t need to sing or be funny. If you have some of those skills already, you’re equally welcome, as long as you remember this is not about solo acts.
Instead, using our extensive experience of improvisation in corporate settings, we build unimaginable levels of trust, collaboration, teamwork and communication. That alone may inspire you to take the spirit of improv back to your respective organisation, but there’s more. You will also find yourself free of judgement and with your inner critic firmly silenced. We create an online space where you reconnect with your inner child, be spontaneous, think on the spot, make stuff up and laugh, a lot.
Every programme is CPD accredited, so the points can count towards your personal development or annual training plan.
Every Wednesday from 2nd September, from 1-2.30pm & 3.30-5pm BST / GMT+1
Improv course outcomes
Each session we run will include exercises to develop:
– Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
– Ability to make strong decisions in real-time
– Group collaboration and teamwork
– Presentation and communication skills
– Agility and free-thinking
– Active listening skills and concentration
– Positive attitudes to being out of your comfort zone
– You can be safe in the knowledge of your own improv brilliance, but for your organisation to benefit when you’re back in the office or working remotely, you need to be able to adapt in the moment to the unexpected, without it throwing you off course.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is intended for people working in a business setting, regardless of position on the pay scale. Whilst many of the participants will be business owners, executives, leaders and managers from all backgrounds, no one will feel out of place. Our trainers all have hundreds of hours experience facilitating online.
- Class links are sent once sales close, which is an hour before each class.
- The minimum participants to run a class is 4, and with the current situation, we cannot always guarantee we will have enough to run a class. If your drop-in is cancelled, you will be notified about an hour before the class.
- If you have any difficulty with your class link and cannot get into a session, please contact us through The Nursery Facebook messenger, as this is instant and teachers will be checking before class (emails may not reach us in time).