Dear friends of The Maydays,
Under the ongoing circumstances our company, like all arts companies worldwide, is facing a time of huge uncertainty for the future, however, we hope to address all questions here.
Currently, all our courses are still running online.
- We are working hard to make sure that when the time comes (and it will come) for us to be able to offer face to face improv classes, that we’ll be able to offer these in the safest way possible. Please visit our courses page for information and our current offering of online courses.
- Our residentials have been cancelled until further notice, but we’ve exciting plans in the pipeline for when we’re allowed back out to play.
- IRL shows are on hold, with announcements pending discussions with venues.
- Our venue, The Maydays Studio, is now closed and as sad as we were to see it go, we’re on the hunt for a new venue with better accessibility for our Brighton improv community.
Obviously, the impact on us, as an events based company has been huge both as an organisation and as individuals. We don’t know what the next few months or years will hold, and many of you are asking how you can help, so here are a few ideas. We will be working with our community to think of other ways to keep going too.
How you can help:
- Donate: For those of you who are long time (or new fans) perhaps you just wish to support us with a donation. You can donate at any time using the Paypal button at the bottom of this page and on our courses page.
- Buy gift cards for use at a later date when people can gather together again via our website shop here.
- Take classes online: We’re improvisers, we adapt! We’ve delivered in excess of 600 online classes so far with our improvisers in arms, The Nursery and are set to continue into 2021 with more improv than ever coming your way from our collaboration.
- Subscribe: We have a YouTube channel and Blogs. You can stay connected by subscribing and seeing what other online treats we’ll be offering in the coming months, lots of free live shows, panels, jams and Sunday socials
- Get in touch: We might have to do things differently but we are still here right now so please get in touch with suggestions, questions, emojis etc. Let’s try and stay as connected as we can in these difficult times.
We remain hopeful that we can keep trucking through the coming months and come back with more improv love to share with you all.
If you feel you are in a position to help us in this difficult time, please consider a donation via our Paypal button here.
Stay well and safe
The Maydays x