Dear friends of The Maydays,
Under the ongoing circumstances our company, like all arts companies worldwide, is facing a time of huge uncertainty for the future, however, we hope to address all questions here.
Currently, we’ve started running In Real Life classes in Brighton, adhering to government guidelines
- We are working hard to make sure that that we’re able to offer these in the safest way possible. So class numbers for IRL have decreased from 16 to 12 for the foreseeable future. Please visit our courses page for information and our current offering of IRL & online courses.
- We held our 13th annual improv residential in October 2021. It was fabulous and safe! Pre-flow lateral testing was required before and throughout the event, with facemasks and close contact optional, at the time, in line with government guidelines
- IRL shows will be back from February 2022, all being well!
- Our venue, The Maydays Studio, is now closed and as sad as we were to see it go, we’re on the hunt for a new venue with better accessibility for our Brighton improv community.
Obviously, the impact on us, as an events based company has been huge both as an organisation and as individuals. We don’t know what the next few months or years will hold, and many of you are asking how you can help, so here are a few ideas. We will be working with our community to think of other ways to keep going too.
How you can help:
- Donate: For those of you who are long time (or new fans) perhaps you just wish to support us with a donation. You can donate at any time using the Paypal button at the bottom of this page and on our courses page.
- Buy gift cards for use at a later date when people can gather together again via our website shop here.
- Take classes in real life or online: We’re improvisers, we adapt! We’ve delivered in excess of 1000 online classes so far and are set to continue into 2022 with more improv than ever coming your way.
- Subscribe: We have a YouTube channel and Blogs. You can stay connected!
- Get in touch: We might have to do things differently but we are still here right now so please get in touch with suggestions, questions, emojis etc. Let’s try and stay as connected as we can in these difficult times.
We remain hopeful that we can keep trucking through the coming months and come back with more improv love to share with you all.
If you feel you are in a position to help us in this difficult time, please consider a donation via our Paypal button here.
Stay well and safe
The Maydays x